Strategies to Choose the Right YouTube Collab Partner for Promotion
YouTube has become fiercely competitive. But despite the fierce competition on the platform, collaborative videos tend to do rather well when it comes to reaching new audiences. From the biggest YouTubers right down to the smallest ones, everyone wants to make the most of collab on YouTube.
If you’re hopeful of landing a collab for promoting your channel, you’re reading exactly what you need to. Read on to know the best strategies to put into practice for choosing the right YouTube collab partner.
1. Make a list of YouTubers in your niche with a similar following
The first thing you need to do is to find YouTubers in your niche whose following is comparable to yours. For instance, if your niche is gaming, you should aim to collaborate with a YouTuber whose channel has something to do with gaming. Also, if you have around 1,000 subscribers, you should make sure that the person you want to collaborate with has a similar YouTube subscriber count.
While you’re free to approach YouTubers operating in other niches, we recommend against it as your respective audiences may have nothing in common. Additionally, approaching someone whose following is significantly bigger than you will most likely end up with a rejection.
2. Write a collab pitch
A well-written collab pitch can significantly increase your chances of getting to work with your dream collab partner. Here are a few tips to craft a compelling collab pitch:
- Mention the name of your prospective collab partner: To make things appear professional, ensure that you write the full name of the person you intend to work with. Being too casual and leaving out the name can make it seem as if you’re desperate for a collaboration, which won’t help you make a positive impression.
- Express appreciation for your prospective partner’s content: Tell your prospective collab partners about how their content inspired you and made you think of a collaborative effort. This will let them know that you’ve paid attention to their content and enjoyed it.
- Pitch content ideas: Give your prospective partners some insights into your content ideas, i.e. what you think would work if you partnered up. This will give them the impression that you already have something in mind and have given serious thought to collaborating with them.
- Don’t write too much: In your first message to a prospective collab partner, you don’t want to go overboard with text. So, keep your collab pitch crisp, concise, and to the point.
Once your collab pitch is ready, send it via email – it’s the most professional way to approach someone. Avoid DMs at all costs.
3. Analyze the responses to your collab pitch
If you send your collab pitch to multiple content creators, you’re bound to get several responses. Some of them may involve rejections, which you should take in your stride and move on. Others may consist of positive messages, i.e. an increased likelihood of a collaboration happening. However, it would be wrong for you to immediately say yes to someone who seems interested.
At this juncture, it’s important that you analyze the responses carefully. Your aim should be to find out the YouTubers who seem genuinely interested not just in your collaboration idea, but also in your content. After all, if you end up collaborating with someone simply for collaboration’s sake, it most likely won’t work out the way you want it to.
Collaborations and partnered promotions are excellent ways to increase your YouTube viewer count, and we hope that putting the strategies in this article into practice pays off for you. Last but not least, we’d like to tell you about SoNuker – a software tool that gives you the opportunity to increase your YouTube comments. Additionally, you can use SoNuker to buy YouTube shares and YouTube likes as well.
Also on SoNuker
Hot Tips to Make Videos That Encourage More YouTube Views & Saves
In the world of video content creation, there is a huge difference between getting the attention of the audience and holding their attention. In order to get more views and saves on your video, you…
Your Guide to Resurrecting Your Old YouTube Channel: Part 1 – Pruning the Old
Many just upload a few videos and then totally forget about the channel. They come back after a few weeks and find that barely anyone saw the videos. If you are one of these people…
How can YouTube Ads Strengthen Brand Awareness?
Did you know YouTube has more than 2 billion users? The giant social media platform reaches more 18–49-year-olds in the US than any other cable network. By 2025, it is predicted that half of U.S….