The Secrets to Effective YouTube Advertising You Need to Know in 2020
The truth is that social media marketing, particularly video marketing on YouTube, has become a huge phenomenon in the present times. Almost one-third of the internet, precisely about two billion people, use YouTube each month. Over a billion hours of video are watched on the platform every day. Over 70 percent of watch-time on the platform takes place on mobile devices.
YouTube is presently the second-largest search engine, just after its parent company Google. So, it’s quite a lucrative platform for advertisers to generate brand awareness and engage audiences. Here are a few secrets of making YouTube advertising effective and successful:
Select the right ad format
YouTube Ads come in various formats. You can choose either one of the following:
- TrueView in-stream ads: These ads reach viewers who are specifically interested in your offering. These ads are skippable after 5 seconds. You pay only if someone watches your ad for at least thirty seconds.
- TrueView unskippable in-stream ads: These ads have a twenty-second limit and come without a banner. These ads work great to generate brand awareness and allow you to share your message in a single shot. Make sure you stick to the ideal length to avoid bearing high campaign costs.
- Discovery ads: If you wish to convey your brand’s story, then these ads are perfect. Walk-through, think reviews, and tutorials are great examples of these ads. These ads show up on YouTube’s homepage, the search results, and in the “related videos” section.
- Bumper ads: These ads are not skippable and have a limit of six seconds. As such, the message has to be super crisp. They are great ad formats for building brand awareness and affinity. However, you need to pay attention to these ads’ frequency to keep a check on your costs.
Create an out-of-the-box ad
For YouTube ads to grab viewers’ attention and leave a lasting impression, they will have to exude a good degree of creativity. You need to come up with a killer creative for your video ad to make the campaign successful. The prime focus that every video creator should have is on viewers’ interest level. Creating a video ad that viewers have not seen before will surely have the desired impact.
The YouTube ad you create should be enjoyable for your viewers. It should be able to evoke necessary emotions in them for it to be memorable. Depending on your message, you will have to follow these tips to create a share-worthy YouTube ad:
- Engage your viewers in the first five to eight seconds.
- Use the cinematography, lingo and personality of your niche.
- Create thumbnails for your video ad.
- Tell a relevant and relatable story to your viewers.
Measure your performance
YouTube advertising is not about coming up with a creative video ad, uploading it on the YouTube channel, and waiting for magic to happen. You also need to measure how well your ads are performing on the platform. For that, you need to integrate your YouTube channel with your Google Ad account to gain insights on your campaign’s performance. The dashboard will allow you to analyze your video ads by measuring the following metrics:
- Impression or the exposure of your video ad.
- Number of viewers who watched your ad beyond 30 seconds.
- View rate or the percentage of people who viewed your ad.
- Cost-per-click (CPC), which is the amount you spend per click.
- Cost-per-view (CPV), which is the amount you spend for every 30-second view.
- Earned actions, or the number of people who subscribed to your YouTube channel or landed on your website or liked and shared your ad.
YouTube advertising may seem challenging initially, but you will get used to it over time. Just follow these tips to ace the game and take your brand a notch higher.
Also on SoNuker
Tips to Increase Foreign Audience for Your YouTube Channel
Growing on YouTube is a long and arduous process, but it can get easier with a fanbase that transcends nationality, language, culture. The most significant benefit of being a YouTube influencer is the number of…
7 Tips to Building a Cartoon Channel on YouTube That Will Be Universally Loved
The recent rise in social media means that people with artistic ability have a much better platform to make a mark on than ever before. The meteoric rise in Youtube video consumption means that its…
Top 5 Reasons Why YouTube Content Creators Should Go Live
Videos and vlogs are a popular way to share information and all kinds of content. And YouTube is the most popular platform. YouTube content creators play a key role in this process. Whether it is…