Tips to Increase Watch Hours on YouTube
YouTube is the biggest video content platform. If you use it in the right way, it can help you reach a ton of new customers. However, this is easier said than done. With so much content out there, it is hard to keep your viewer engaged. New content is added to the platform every minute, and if you want viewers to watch your content, you need to stand out.
In this article, we will be providing you with some tips to increase watch hours on YouTube:
1. Make content that is evergreen
Being discovered on YouTube is not easy. However, if you upload videos that are relevant year-round and might appear in the search results, you can increase the chances of getting recommended by YouTube. These evergreen content videos bring in plenty of watch time along with a ton of traffic. In order to make such videos, you have to focus on the following:
- Provide information that is valuable to people
- Answer questions that viewers are asking
Videos like tutorials on cooking or changing a tire are some examples of evergreen content.
2. Work on video optimization
By improving your videos’ SEO, you can increase your YouTube watch time. A better SEO helps your video get a higher rank in the SERPs. This can ensure that your video reaches the people who actually want to see your content. It can help you with monetization as well.
Optimizing your videos is easy. Here are a few steps to help you get started:
- Main keyword – You can start video SEO by deciding the search term your video must rank for. This search term can be your main keyword. For example, if your video is a tutorial on mixing colors and is targeted toward newbies, your main keyword can be ‘mixing colors tutorial for beginners.’
- Add keywords in the video – You have to say your main keyword in your video. This way, when YouTube processes your video, it can detect the keyword. If the keyword fits your content, your video will rank higher in the search results.
- Add keyword in the title – It is important to add the main keyword to your video’s title. So, if your main keyword is ‘mixing colors tutorial for beginners,’ your title can be ‘Mixing Colors Tutorial for Beginners (No Prior Experience Needed).’
- Add keyword in the description and tags – Apart from the title, you also need to add the keyword in the description and tags of the video. For this, you can use a different version of your main keyword.
3. Add pattern interrupt
How well your viewers are engaging with the video is what makes them want to stick around or leave. By adding interrupting patterns, you can increase watch hours on YouTube. Pattern interrupt refers to a technique that changes a particular situation, behavior, or thought. This can include on-screen graphics, B-roll, or frequent camera angle changes. If your video includes a repetitive narrative or similar images, your bounce rate will climb as people will get bored. Instead, you can use pattern interruptions to seize the attention of your viewership for a long time.
YouTube has provided its creators with a plethora of analytics that you can use to grow. However, the most important factor that you have to consider to grow your channel is your subscribers. They can give you the best growth advice. They will let you know the exact video that they want to watch. All you have to do is listen. Check the comment section of your videos where engaged viewers write their video ideas and ask you to film them. You should give these ideas a change as they can help you get more watch hours.
If you need some help growing your channel, you can buy the services of platforms like SoNuker.com, which helps you get YouTube free subscribers. This tool can help you get free YouTube views, free YouTube subscribers, and free YouTube likes. With this tool under your belt, you will be able to grow and manage your channel better.
Also on SoNuker
How to Make Videos That Prospective Students Would Love?
Higher education video marketing has become a rewarding idea for colleges and universities. Times are slowly changing, and the change is clearly seen in the way educational institutions market themselves and their courses. While course…
6 Reasons Why YouTube is a Must for Small Businesses
YouTube needs no introduction. Everyone knows it’s a video-sharing platform, but in recent years, it has grown to be much more than that. It transformed into an effective marketing platform in itself, and many businesses…
How To Deal With Difficult Subscribers In Your Business YouTube Account
Running YouTube for business can be very difficult at times, and even more confusing when you see your subscriber count stuck at the same place. Even worse, you might be losing subscribers often. Another unaddressed…