Using Cards and End Screens in Your YouTube Video
YouTube cards and end screens have replaced the traditional annotation features. Given the current scenarios, annotations have become unbefitting and outdated as they didn’t perform well on mobile. On the other hand, YouTube cards and end screen make accessing the video on mobiles and desktop easier and faster. In this article, we will be discussing how you can use cards and end screens in your YouTube videos.
When it comes to YouTube videos, cards and end screens have an important part to play. With the new donation choices, built-in features, and embedded polls, you have access to some powerful and interactive features of the YouTube channel. By adding these to the video, you will be able to drive in users and build viewership of the channel. Also, the end screen allows you to direct users to your other channels, videos, and playlists and promote crowdfunding campaigns, website, and merchandise.
What are YouTube Cards?
If you have your own YouTube channel and want to advertise your products through your video, you need to provide a direct link to your customers to the product. In such cases, YouTube cards are perfect for you as they can increase sales as well as store traffic. You can insert the product URL into the video directly for promoting it.
Once you have added the card to your video, it will appear on the screen. Your viewers will be able to click on the card and check your products while you are explaining them. You can add them at any certain point in your video. You have complete control over your timing. YouTube allows you to add five cards.
Creating YouTube cards
- Visit the ‘Video Manager’ in your YouTube account.
- Find the video to which you want to add cards. Select ‘Edit’.
- Select ‘Cards’ present on the tab bar at the top.
- Select ‘Add Card’.
- Next, select ‘Create’ that is present next to ‘Link card’.
- Add the URL address of the website where you want your viewers to be directed.
- You will have the option of selecting an image from one of the suggestions or uploading your image. The image has to be in .jpg, .png, or .gif format and must be less than 5 MB in size.
- Next, you can edit text, title, or call to action. You can even change the card’s start time in the timeline given below the video.
- Select ‘Create card’.
What are YouTube End Screens?
YouTube end screens offer a short-length video clip at your YouTube video’s end. This helps in directing traffic to your store, increase the overall store traffic, and gain more subscribers. The End screen comes after the YouTube video and is about 5 to 20 seconds long. To use Endscreen, your YouTube video should be more than 25 seconds long. This is the perfect option for someone who doesn’t want to add cards to the video as it might distract the viewers from the video. Instead, you would want to consolidate the info and purchase links after you have communicated to your audience. In the end screen video, you can recommend other videos to your viewers and ask them to subscribe. You can even send them to your products to make a purchase.
Creating YouTube End screens
- Select the ‘Videos page’ in your YouTube account and select the video to which you want to add the End screen.
- Select ‘Editor’ from the left menu.
- Select the option ‘Add an end screen’.
- You can add four elements to the End screen.
- Click on an element to select it in the Editor’s end screen row.
- Find the dropdown of the element type present to the left of the video.
- Select the element type link for linking the Endscreen to your products.
Now that you know how to add cards and End screens to your YouTube video, you can use the amazing YouTube marketing features and let the traffic drive into your website in an easy and fruitful way.
Also on SoNuker
YouTube Translator Tools: The Top Three Benefits
When it comes to video streaming platforms, YouTube is the undisputed champion. More than 2 billion users actively engage with the platform and its content every month, and every year, the number of people using…
Maximizing Your YouTube Marketing Results
YouTube is increasingly becoming a popular platform for businesses to market their brand. With YouTube being the second largest search engine after Google, it makes sense for you to invest in YouTube marketing for your…
Here’s What You Should Know About Subtitles and Closed Captions
When you use subtitles and captions in your YouTube video, you allow your viewers to follow your content without having their sound on. This helps with YouTube marketing and leads to better engagement. Most people…